Precinct Chair Hub
Announcements and resources for Precinct Chairs
Check our TCDP calendar for CEC meeting dates.
Email Info@tarrantdemocrats.org to request a registration link
CEC (County Executive Committee) Meetings are the county-wide meetings held where Precinct Chairs make their voices heard by voting on Democratic Party business and exchanging information. Precinct Chairs are expected to attend.
Texas Democratic Party (TDP) has many online training videos to guide you! http://txdem.co/training
National level Democrats offer training, too, at http://traindemocrats.org.
Look under "Other Resources" for more info.
- Our Party is funded only by LOCAL DONATIONS. If you can afford a monthly donation we encourage you to become a sustaining member. Having a stable budget allows us to do better community outreach and organizing.
- We need MORE ELECTION WORKERS! Elections don't only happen in presidential years, they occur EVERY year, multiple times! So be sure to mark your calendar to vote but consider helping others by serving as an election judge.
- Consistent voting leads consistently to change! That means every Democrat needs to VOTE (EARLY is even better!) in the Primary and General elections.
- PCs and HDCs are expected to maintain NEUTRALITY during the party Primary.
- PCs and HDCs are expected to SUPPORT EVERY DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE on the ballot in their precinct in the General Election.
- PCs should be working on 2 things: BUILDING A TEAM AND talking to fellow Texas to identify DEMOCRATIC VOTERS.
- Listed on our TCDP calendar
Next Election: November 8th, 2022
Early Voting: October 24th through November 4th
Must be registered to vote by October 11th
Join an HDC or other support volunteer for help on:
Tuesdays from 7-8pm or
Fridays from 1-2pm
by going to OfficeHours.TCDP.info and clicking "Launch Meeting."
Check out our new Webstore and grab a new shirt, car magnet, yard sign and more!
Phase Two: August
- Volunteer Recruitment
- IDing Democrats (T2s)
Phase Three: September
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Engage with low turnout Dems (T1s)
- Registration of people who just moved here
Phase Four: October
- Vote by Mail Chase
View the One-Pager Provided by the TDP:
Welcome Precinct Chairs of Tarrant County!
As a Precinct Chair (PC), you fulfill one of the most important roles of the Democratic Party. Thank you for volunteering in this role and being at the front lines of the Blue Wave!
Elections are won and lost at the precinct level. Informing your precinct about candidates and gathering neighbors for fellowship is at the heart of who we are as Democrats.
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of the Precinct Chair?
- Attend training to learn VAN
- Use VAN to Identify Dems in your precinct
- Make contact with voters, record their answers and contact information
- Attend CEC Meetings and vote on party business
Your Precincts & House District Maps
Your Precinct, or your neighborhood, is where your role begins. Our county encompasses multiple House Districts (HDs) and we divide PCs into those HDs for further collaborative organizing.
VAN (Voter Access Network)
VAN gives you access to voters so that you may create lists to identify and reach out to your neighbors.
MiniVAN – Mobile Digital Canvassing
MiniVAN is designed to make your canvassing walks, (door to door), as efficient, clear, and easy as possible.
- Digital maps display the location of homes in your canvass.
- GPS inherit in your smartphone or tablet, allows you to see where you are walking at all times. This allows you greater visibility in apartment complexes, and tough to navigate neighborhoods.
- Scripts are easier to read.
- Real time upload into VAN for Survey Question Answers, Voter Editing, and Completed Canvassing.
Periodically, VAN training will be offered weekday evenings at TCDP headquarters. This is more focused training beyond what you learn at the PC training.
Q: What do I do if there’s a “No Soliciting” sign?
A: It’s up to you whether you’d like to knock or not. You are not selling something, and political canvassing is a protected speech by the first amendment. Read More Here
Submit your common questions you’d like to have shortcuts to by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distributed Canvassing Links
- Contacting Voters – https://txdemocrats.litmos.com/account/login/?C=1688544 (existing users)
- Contacting Voters – txdem.co/training (new users, must create a login)
Sometimes when we’re out knocking on doors, we get questions or try to direct people to a certain website. You can navigate to this page and have them scan these QR codes with their phone to perform the following tasks!