Precinct Chair Hub
Announcements and resources for Precinct Chairs
June 27th, 2020
Email Info@tarrantdemocrats.org to request a registration link
CEC (County Executive Committee) Meetings are the county-wide meetings held where Precinct Chairs make their voices heard by voting on Democratic Party business and exchanging information. Precinct Chairs are expected to attend.
True Blue T-Shirt
*Limited Edition* Shirts are available in Small, Medium, Large, XL, and XXL, and are unisex white.
Texas Democratic Party (TDP) has plenty of online training videos for you to watch! http://txdem.co/training
The national level offers training, too, at http://traindemocrats.org.
Look below under "Other Resources" for more info.
- The TCDP is funded only by LOCAL DONATIONS. Everyone who can afford a monthly donation should become a sustaining member.
- We need MORE ELECTION WORKERS for the July Primary Runoff.
- Every Democrat needs to VOTE EARLY in the Primary and General.
- PCs and HDCs are expected to maintain NEUTRALITY during the party Primary.
- PCs and HDCs are expected to SUPPORT EVERY DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE on the ballot in their precinct in the General Election.
- PCs should be working on 2 things: BUILDING A TEAM AND IDing DEMOCRATIC VOTERS.
- June 27
- July 29 (Wednesday Night)
- August 22
- September 19
- October 17
- December 5
- July 14 - Primary Runoff Election Day
- October 5 - Registration Deadline for General
- October 19 - Polls Open
- November 3 - Turn Texas Blue Election Day
- See this for more elections and deadlines, including Vote-by-mail
- The CEC meeting is in EAD Room 108. Park at Camp Bowie Blvd and Clifton St parking lot, enter the building on the side closest to Camp Bowie, take the elevator down, and you'll see us!
Welcome Precinct Chairs of Tarrant County!
As a Precinct Chair (PC), you fulfill one of the most important roles of the Democratic Party. Thank you for volunteering in this role and being at the front lines of the Blue Wave!
Elections are won and lost at the precinct level. Informing your precinct about candidates and gathering neighbors for fellowship is at the heart of who we are as Democrats.
Your Precincts & House District Maps
Your Precinct, or your neighborhood, is where your role begins. Our county encompasses multiple House Districts (HDs) and we divide PCs into those HDs for further collaborative organizing.
- A full precinct map can be found at this link.
- Or individual maps can be pulled from here. Click on the option that is the first digit of your precinct number (ex. Commissioner Precinct 1 for precinct 1023).
- House District maps can be found here.
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of the Precinct Chair?
- Attend training to learn VAN
- Use VAN to Identify Dems in your precinct
- Make contact with voters, record their answers and contact information
- Attend CEC Meetings and vote on party business
VAN (Voter Access Network)
VAN gives you access to voters so that you may create lists to identify and reach out to your neighbors.
MiniVAN – Mobile Digital Canvassing
MiniVAN is designed to make your canvassing walks, (door to door), as efficient, clear, and easy as possible.
- Digital maps display the location of homes in your canvass.
- GPS inherit in your smartphone or tablet, allows you to see where you are walking at all times. This allows you greater visibility in apartment complexes, and tough to navigate neighborhoods.
- Scripts are easier to read.
- Real time upload into VAN for Survey Question Answers, Voter Editing, and Completed Canvassing.
Periodically, VAN training will be offered weekday evenings at TCDP headquarters. This is more focused training beyond what you learn at the PC training.
Q: What do I do if there’s a “No Soliciting” sign?
A: It’s up to you whether you’d like to knock or not. You are not selling something, and political canvassing is a protected speech by the first amendment. Read More Here
Submit your common questions you’d like to have shortcuts to by emailing email@example.com.
Distributed Canvassing Links
- Contacting Voters – https://txdemocrats.litmos.com/account/login/?C=1688544 (existing users)
- Contacting Voters – txdem.co/training (new users, must create a login)
Blockwalking QR Links
Sometimes when we’re out knocking on doors, we get questions or try to direct people to a certain website. You can navigate to this page and have them scan these QR codes with their phone to perform the following tasks!