Leadership Opportunities & Committees
Have a special interest or skill? See where you can serve!
Leadership Team & Sub-Committees
The Leadership Team will consist of 9 Precinct Chairs (5 appointed, 4 elected) along with the County Chair, the Executive Director, and the County Comptroller, and serve to guide the direction of the Party through these sub-committees:
- Budget: responsible for producing a budget prior to each fiscal year.
- Strategic Planning: responsible for providing short, medium, and long-range plans for the party.
- Nominations: responsible for providing a slate of committee chairs to the CEC for the rest of the Standing Committees for consideration and approval.
Standing Committees are tasked with specific functions in order to help spread around the work of running a county party. Anyone can join these committees; please reach out to the Chair of the respective committee if you have any questions!
- Fundraising: responsible for raising the money required to adequately run party functions.
- Audit: responsible for auditing the party’s books at the end of every fiscal year at a minimum and present a report to the CEC.
- Communications: responsible for designing and executing a communications strategy for the party to communicate internally and externally to include a website, calendar, email, social media, etc.
- Club Liaison: responsible for communicating TCDP activities/volunteer needs/initiatives to the Democratic clubs and communicating the clubs’ activities to the TCDP and larger Democratic audience.
- Election Judge Recruitment & Support: responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting enough judges and workers to staff the primary and general elections. This committee is also the party’s primary liaison to the Elections Administration.
- Precinct Leadership: responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting Precinct Chairs to represent the Democratic voters in the county.
- Voter Data & Technology: responsible for creating county-wide standards for use of all Voter Database and GOTV tools to include VAN, Hustle, Voter Circle, Mobilize America and any others as needed. This group is also the main liaison to the TDP Data Team.
- Candidate Recruitment & Support: responsible for recruiting top quality candidates for every office on the ballot and providing support to their candidacies in the general election.
- Judicial Candidate Recruitment & Support (Sub-Committee to Candidate Recruitment & Support): responsible for recruiting top quality candidates for every Judicial office on the ballot and to proving support to their candidacies in the general election
- Rules: responsible for running the CEC quarterly meetings by securing the venue, announcing the meeting, and providing agenda, credentialing of attendees, vote counting, parliamentarian, and anything else needed to smoothly run a CEC meeting.
- Volunteer: responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive volunteer intake system and implementing opportunities for volunteers throughout the county party.
- Voter Registration: responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive voter registration strategy to register the maximum number of potential Democratic voters in the county party.
- Community Outreach: responsible for ensuring TCDP is represented at public events to elevate the Party’s visibility in the Community.
Special Constituency Committees
Special Constituency Committees or caucuses function as a way for factions of the party to have their voice represented and to reach others who share in their goals and interests.
- Educator to Educator: Promote and coordinate Democratic issues of particular interest to professional educators.
- Black Voter Impact: Promote and coordinate Democratic issues of particular interest to African-Americans.
- Latin-X Voter Outreach: Promote and coordinate Democratic issues of particular interest to the Latin-X community.
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Democrats: Promote and coordinate Democratic issues of particular interest to the Asian American and Pacific Islander community.
- Labor Relations: Promote and coordinate Democratic issues of particular interest to labor unions.
Interested in joining a committee?
Reach out to our volunteer team to get connected, or contact a committee chair directly using their contact info found on the Leadership Directory.
Self-nominations are currently closed for Leadership Committee spots and Committee Chairs. Elections will take place at the January 4, 2020, CEC Meeting and terms will go from March 4, 2020, to March 1, 2022.